I have over 35 years sales and marketing experience and have been working with business people for over 15 of those years trying to help them become successful at their business. those who know me know that i am a no B.S. person! I would rather be totally honest with you if you are not doing what you need to do than to “candy coat it” and tell you everything is going to be fine. There are some simple facts as to why most people never become financially successful and only about 3% do! In this blog I will provide some information and statistics that will explain why those succeed and why others do not and you can decide where you fit in to the scenario.
Your Financial Business Success?
Success is different for everyone. Some are totally satisfied with their current situation and those will find this post boring as hell! Some only want to make enough to cover their bills and also may want to skip reading this. Those who are really looking for financial success will hopefully benefit from the information.
These are stats I found that were from various credible sources including Forbes, Wall Street and various other sources.
- 97% are broke or need to rely on outside sources to live by age 65
- Only 3% are financially successful worldwide
- Less than 6% make more than $100 k per year
- Less than 1% make more than $325 k per year
Conventional Wisdom and Your Success
Conventional wisdom provides all kinds of reasons people are successful including: They are smarter, luckier, work harder and more hours, more persistent and consistent, more passionate, they are crooks, and about 20 other reasons. The fact is most of these are wrong and some are only part of the reason. Example: passion is important but it takes more than passion!
What Makes The 3% Financially Successful?
It’s not because they want it more than most. . . it’s because they need it more than most! We all want success but we are not all hungry enough to do what it takes to become successful! Success to the 3% is and addiction! Just like any addict, if they need it they will do whatever it takes to get what they need! The other 97% will make excuses, complain, do what is easy, not take risks, fear making mistakes, and follow “conventional wisdom”. If you didn’t read my first blog, “Conventional wisdom is wrong about 97% of the time. Do you see any correlation here to those who fail at success? Successful people do not have “I can’t” in their vocabulary, they don’t make excuses or accept excuses, they don’t think money is evil, they don’t care what others think or say about them, they fix what is not working and they don’t do the same things the same ways if they are not working and expect things to get better, and they do not follow conventional wisdom!
The Bottom Line
Success is nothing more than a mental attitude! If you need it more than want it you have a better chance at success! If I can sum up the top 2 ways to get started on success it would be: #1. Do not follow “Conventional Wisdom” #2. If it isn’t working, discover why and fix it!
“What You Know Can Make You Successful, What You Don’t Know Can Cost You A Fortune”
If you have questions, comments or need assistance feel free to contact me for a FREE consultation info@Successbuilders-TampaBay.com